Informed citizens effectively engaging in democratic processes in Zimbabwe
To ensure citizens access quality information through media monitoring, research and knowledge management in a sustainable manner
Media Monitors formally Media Monitoring Project Zimbabwe (MMPZ), conducts media monitoring and analyses trends in the Zimbabwean media. Media Monitors has been conducting media monitoring in Zimbabwe since 1999. The organisation monitors print, electronic and online media on a daily basis (24/7). We monitor video footage from the country’s sole television station (ZTV), audio from seven radio stations (SFM, Radio Zimbabwe, Power FM, National FM, Star FM, ZiFM and Channel Zim) as well as 15 local newspapers. Media Monitors identifies and analyses editorial and advertising trends in the media. The organisation is a hub for all media information in Zimbabwe, providing a holistic assessment of media and information output and its impact in the public interest.
Media Monitors has a business arm, Media Vantage, which offers different monitoring services to different clients.
Board of Trustees
- Mr. Tinashe Mukadzambo (Chairperson). He is a strategy, corporate governance and finance expert. Mr Mukadzambo is very active in resource mobilization and community development programmes.
- Dr. Charlton Tsodzo (Vice Chairperson). His main focus is on International Development Strategy. Dr Tsodzo is also a renowned start-up evangelist and an entrepreneur.
- Ms Tsitsi Maradze is an Organisational Development practitioner; gender and human rights activist. She is also involved in governance and leadership development; planning and design of social development projects and M&E systems.
- Ms. Patience Zirima
- Tatenda Jane Mangere – Senior Finance & Grants Officer
- Farai Tonzani – Admin & HR Officer
- Prisiel Samu – Senior Researcher
- Farisai Chaniwa – Data Capturing & Archiving Officer
- Sharon Mawoni – Programs Assistant